Or whatever you may celebrate,
From moi & Sieguzi Kitchen & Home
To you and yours!
Well, nothing like coming right down to the wire before sending out Christmas wishes! But according to Canada Post, I am far from being alone in sending wishes online in lieu of a card, so that gives me some level of comfort!
It’s been an extraordinarily busy year, and I’m so grateful for all the business, performing and writing activities that have come my way!
- Through the wonders of technology, I’ve designed several kitchens online (including one in Florida)
- I’m thrilled to be working with past clients who have come back to have me design other rooms in their homes like bathrooms, master suites, kids’ rooms, living rooms, and library built-ins
- I’m delighted to welcome some new clients who found me through, social media, my blog and even an improv class at Second City!
- I’m so very grateful for the clients who have come to me through referrals. I don’t take that trust lightly, and take every project very personally and to heart. It is my greatest pleasure when clients are amazed and happy at the end and it confirms that the 21 years’ experience is put to good use on a daily basis!
- I’ve been asked to speak at trade shows and client-appreciation nights by my vendors
- I’m currently in the process of shooting a series of product videos for Fisher & Paykel appliances and will be adding new companies in 2015
- I’m singing in a Rock/Pop choir called NewChoir and preparing for a concert at St. Michael’s School Centre for the Performing Arts at the end of January, an a capella concert at Carnegie Hall in New York at the end of March, and our final concert at Koerner Hall in May.
- My book, Renovation Bootcamp®: Kitchen – Design and Remodel Your Kitchen Without Losing Your Wallet, Your Mind or Your Spouse continues to sell well through Amazon USA & Canada and other online sellers as well as in digital format on my web site which you can find here.
- I’m writing a regular renovation column in magazine which comes out in Canada and online 6 times per year. You can find the latest issue here.
- I’m mostly keeping up with my weekly blog posts (except in the last month when my schedule went haywire), and am enjoying sharing design advice, renovation news and projects, tales from my travels and lifestyle impressions and trends. You can see my post on Kitchen Trends for 2014 written at the beginning of the year, and see that I was BANG ON with my trend predictions!
As in the past few years, in lieu of company Christmas gifts to my clients, I have made a donation to Covenant House, an organization that supports and cares for kids who have nowhere to go and no family who cares for them. At this time of year particularly, that must leave a huge hole in their lives, and I’m thankful that my business allows me to do even a small part to let them know that they are not forgotten.
There are so many worthy causes all vying for our donation dollars, but if you have any more room in your donation pool, I would encourage you to consider supporting Covenant House. You can find their donation link here. http://www.covenanthousetoronto.ca/homeless-youth/donate (Neither I, nor anyone in my family works for this organization, I just truly admire and believe in what they do).
Unlike in previous years, I’m adding to that donation by also supporting animal charities. Anyone who knows me knows I’m just one step away from being a “crazy dog lady”! I’ve had 10 dogs in my life and most of them have been rescues. I truly believe that loving these creatures (and, in fact all animals), is a measure of my humanity. I have been given such devotion, and complete joyous love by them, that I can only hope I can go on rescuing as many as I can for years to come, and that my donation dollars will, in some very small way, ease the fear and trauma of a pet who has been abandoned or abused.
The organizations I’ve chosen to support this year are:
- OSPCA – with a gift that will provide blankets, treats and food for animals in shelters
- Tiny Paws Dog Rescue Canada which is the organization from which I’ve adopted two of my beloved fur kids, including 8 year-old Willis above, the poodle daschund cross!
- Sochi Dog Rescue – which is devoted to fighting the horrifying dog meat trade in Thailand
- Paws from the Hart – a rescue organization in the USA that saved Angel, a dog who captured my heart on social media, who was found nearly starved to death when her owners moved away and left her behind.
So with all that, it’s time for me to go digitally dark for a while and put my domestic goddess hat on!
I wish you the Merriest of Christmases, and a New Year that is happy, healthy and filled with beauty and compassion. I look forward to staying connected through 2015 and beyond.
Thank you for reading, commenting, sharing! I’m grateful to have this opportunity to reach so many like-minded people!