Everyone who knows me knows I’m dog crazy. I mean,verging on being
The Crazy Dog Lady.
I’ve had 10 dogs in my life (and I’m only 12….ok, that’s a lie, but the number of dogs isn’t), 7 of which were rescues, of which only 2 were re-homed to homes other than my own!
My husband Steve, who never had dogs growing up, was slightly bemused when he met me and found that I had 3 dogs…at one time….two Bichons and my first rescue, a Border Collie cross. My grandmother was horrified when she found out that before we were married, I gave Steve an ultimatum: Here’s the deal, me and my dogs, we go together.
Like Port and Stinky cheese. Like Green Eggs and Ham. Like nails and polish. Like stilettoes and bunions. Ok, well maybe that last one is a yucky reference, but you get the idea.
Fortunately, Steve took the deal!
What may surprise people, though, is that I love cats, too. I also had cats growing up (and a white mouse and a couple of hamsters, but they’re tough to hug) and I would still have cats except Steve is
alledgedly highly allergic. They supposedly trigger asthma attacks, so I made the supreme sacrifice to forgo the cats and have only 2 dogs at a time.
So then it won’t surprise you, that I indulge my fur babies and encourage others to do the same. Afterall, I specialize in making homes beautiful and comfortable, so why wouldn’t I extend that to the most lovable and hairiest members of the family?
To that end, I’ve found a collection of pet beds to pamper your pooch and coddle your cat.
1. A Stylish Pet bed throne fit for Prince Puppy from Dog Pawse
2. Mid-Century Modern Cat’s Cradle from Bling Bling Puppy
3. Bamboo Ball kitty kuddle
4. Up-cycled, double decker Cat Case *
5. Tennis Anyone? A little lumpy, but dogs are less discriminating than the Princess and the Pea… Tennis bed by Hugh Hayden
6. For the hairless, a bed in a bag is cozy cocoon
7. Bunga Bed* for a teeny tyke
8. Protect your pooch* from the sun with an out door chaise lounge with a canopy
9. Zebra Kitty Kamper* High style for your feline friend
10. Sweater Weather via Etsy — when you don’t know what to do with the ugly sweater grandma gave you for your birthday
One last piece of advice before I go have a nap with my pups: be sure you buy a bed that’s the right size for your pooch!
* In the interest of full disclosure, for any pet beds or other products that are bought from Wayfair through the links on this blog or on my website, for every $100 spent, I donate 1% of the purchase to Habitat for Humanity and Covenant House. You can read about the program here.
If you’ve seen any fabulous pet beds I should know about, please let me know where I can find them! I welcome your comments, and questions.